Underwriter, Associations and Affinity Groups
As an Underwriter you will examine insurance proposals and liaise with brokers and customers to determine premiums within the Commercial Programs division. By collecting background information and assessing the level of risk, you will provide recommendations to brokers concerning risk/transactional inquiries. You will use statistical data and policy terms and conditions to write quotes and negotiate terms with clients and brokers. We are looking for someone to leverage their talent, knowledge, and skills to contribute to the growth of the firm.
- Preparing and negotiate program renewal terms with insurers;
- Actively involved in all day-to-day aspects of new business and renewal account management; including risk assessment, processing, rating, policy issuance, and endorsements;
- Managing high volumes of endorsement requests;
- Assessing clients’ background information and financial status;
- Selecting appropriate and competitive premiums based on information and judgement;
- Issuing policy documents and adding specific conditions when required;
- Analyzing new business submissions, endorsement requests, renewal retentions and cancellations;
- Acting as a liaison between the client and insurers, following up on missing information discussing underwriting concerns, and providing sound underwriting advice;
- Acting as a positive, supportive and encouraging member of and contributor to the Associations & Affinity group team.
Education & Experience
To be seriously considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Education: RIBO License is an asset;
- Experience: Two to four years of experience as an Underwriter, or in a related role within an insurance brokerage or insurance company is strongly preferred. Professional Liability Insurance experienced is required. General Liability experience is an asset;
- Skills: A team player with a “client is king” mentality, ready to live up to exceptional service standards. A multi-tasker that possesses excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills. Able to manage high volume, and a fast-paced environment. Excellent knowledge of insurance policies and ability to relate policy provisions to the loss exposures. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. High numeracy and statistical skills as well as strong negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Attitude: A positive attitude with the flexibility to support the team with any ad-hoc needs.
- PROLINK offers a competitive compensation package;
- Book that massage, since your excellent medical and dental benefits will come in force on your first day as an employee;
- Experience the heart of Toronto’s financial district—PROLINK is steps away from Union Station and are connected to the St. Andrew subway station;
- Work for a company that has the best of both worlds: the professionalism and success of a corporate environment, with the family-oriented and collaborative feel of a small business;
- Grow your career in an organization that loves to recognize and reward its top talent;
- Get to know your colleagues through one of our many social events.
Published on: October 3, 2019
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: 2 to 4 years
Job Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: October 17, 2019