Technical Business Analyst, Business Innovation
As a Technical Business Analyst at PROLINK, you will be responsible for the analysis and understanding of operational needs related to PROLINK’s orientations, defining the scope of projects, and reviewing objectives to modify or add new processes. You will use your operations background to translate business processes into workflows and screen flows. To do so, you will collaborate with a variety of stakeholders, including those within the Business Innovation, IT, AAG, Personal Lines, Commercial Enterprise, Accounting, Marketing, and Life and Benefits teams, among others.
In this role, you will have four key areas of focus:
- Research: You will use your existing knowledge and conduct additional research to identify gaps between business objectives and the system scope.
- Business Process Design and Implementation in a Low-Code Platform
- Building Testing Matrices: You will perform System Support Configuration and testing to review functionality, performance, and fit.
- Analysis: You will review all project requirements to determine the system’s limit and impact to other business functions and recommend solutions to increase efficiency at PROLINK.
- Gather requirements and create a project scope;
- Document the redesign of processes, systems and applications;
- Design workflows in a low-code platform (training will be provided);
- Oversee the implementation of technical business projects and solutions;
- Build testing matrices and undertake “Train-the-Trainer” activities;
- Plan, analyze, communicate, and manage system requirements;
- Provide guidance to address internal queries;
- Work closely with the development team to ensure all solutions satisfy client needs;
- Evaluate project impact through consultation with various departments at PROLINK;
- Identify opportunities to enhance productivity and operational efficiency and coordinate and implement solutions;
- Inform product development by connecting with peers of various departments, conducting research, and using knowledge of applicable systems and insurance requirements.
- Provide coaching and guidance as needed and educate stakeholders on system and insurance best practices.
Education & Experience
The ideal candidate will meet many to most of the following requirements:
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or Computer Science preferred;
- Experience: A minimum 3 years of experience (mandatory) in complex enterprise projects. Exposure to the insurance industry is a great asset.
- Skills: A team player with a client-centric approach, ready to deliver great service. Comfort with managing multiple demands, with proven organizational, time-management and prioritization skills. Additional skills needed:
- Use cases for functional requirements;
- Wireframes for visual requirements;
- Data models for data requirements.
- Softer Skills: A person who is positive, energized, articulate, engaging, empathetic and approachable.
- Enjoy a competitive compensation package;
- Access comprehensive medical and dental benefits that will come in force on your first day as an employee;
- Experience the heart of Toronto’s financial district when in the office. PROLINK is steps away from Union Station and is connected to St. Andrew subway station;
- Work for a company that has the best of both worlds: the professionalism and success of a corporate environment, with the family-oriented and collaborative feel of a small business;
- Grow your career in an organization that loves to recognize and reward its top talent;
- Get to know your colleagues through one of our many social events (currently online);
- Relish in the comfort of working from home and from our office (as circumstances permit and require).
Published on: September 3, 2020
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: 3+ years
Job Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: September 24, 2021