As a Technical Assistant you will be working under the direction of our Head of Design & Development, and responsible for assisting with the maintenance of current back end and front end database applications based on FileMaker software. You will be building new applications as requested and be responsible for security and system access. This role requires you to work in an environment where multiple technologies are simultaneously and interchangeably used.
- Assisting with maintaining current back end and front end database applications based on the FileMaker software;
- Building new FileMaker applications as requested;
- Responsible for security and system access;
- Maintaining the life-cycle of all current online programs;
- Working on new online programs, including coding, APIs, testing, and deployment;
- Working with form software.
Education & Experience
To be seriously considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Education: Post secondary education preferred;
- Experience: One to three years experience in the same or a similar role;
- Skills: A team player ready to live up to exceptional service standards. A multi-tasker that possesses excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills with a strong attention to detail;
- Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of relational database management systems (RDBMS) and applications such as Access, SQL, mySQL, FileMaker;
- Some working knowledge of web design and server-side languages and technologies; HTML, CSS, JQuery, PHP or WordPress (or similar). Familiarity with frameworks such as Bootstrap, CodeIgniter, or Laravel would be a plus;
- Attitude: A positive attitude with the flexibility to support the team with any ad-hoc needs.
We will administer a technical test as part of our interviewing process.
- PROLINK offers a competitive compensation package.
- Book that massage, since your excellent medical and dental benefits will come in force on your first day as an employee.
- Experience the heart of Toronto’s financial district—PROLINK is steps away from Union Station and is connected to St. Andrew subway station.
- Work for a company that has the best of both worlds: the professionalism and success of a corporate environment, with the family-oriented and collaborative feel of a small business.
- Grow your career in an organization that loves to recognize and reward its top talent.
- Get to know your colleagues through one of our many social events.
Published on: October 3, 2019
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: 1 to 3 years
Job Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: October 17, 2019