Senior Accounting Assistant
As a Senior Accounting Assistant, you will support the PROLINK Broker Network with various accounting tasks, including invoicing, accounts receivable, producing reports, monthly reconciliations, and variance analysis.
- Prepare monthly invoices for each broker in the network based on historical information and true-up the amounts when payments and documentation are received;
- Follow up on unpaid accounts and communicating this information to the management team;
- Prepare monthly Income Statements and provide reporting to management team including variance analysis to the financial plan;
- Daily update and review of cash flow;
- Process journal entries, including broker network invoices, cash receipts, general expenses and year-end accruals in our SIG accounting system;
- Provide or organize training and support for the network of brokers on insurance company account current, direct bill reconciliations, SIG set-up for the general ledger and billing fees, invoicing as well as running and using reports in SIG;
- Produce reports for the business departments and management team as required;
- Complete various bank and balance sheet monthly reconciliations;
- Coordinate reconciliation adjustments or corrections with other members of the Accounting team or other PROLINK teams as needed;
- Assist with special projects and assignments as they are assigned.
Education & Experience
The ideal candidate will meet many to most of the following requirements:
- Education: Post-secondary education in accounting or related field.
- Experience: Minimum 4 years of experience (mandatory) as an Accounting Assistant. Exposure to the insurance industry is strongly preferred.
- Skills: A self-driven and professional team player with a client-centric approach, ready to deliver great service. Comfort with managing multiple demands, with proven organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills.
- Softer Skills: A person who is positive, energized, articulate, engaging, empathetic, and approachable.
- Enjoy a competitive compensation package;
- Access comprehensive medical and dental benefits that will come in force on your first day as an employee;
- Experience the heart of Toronto’s financial district when in the office. PROLINK is steps away from Union Station and is connected to St. Andrew subway station;
- Work for a company that has the best of both worlds: the professionalism and success of a corporate environment, with the family-oriented and collaborative feel of a small business;
- Grow your career in an organization that loves to recognize and reward its top talent;
- Relish in the comfort of working from home and from our office (as circumstances permit and require).
Published on: April 28, 2022
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: 4 years
Job Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: May 19, 2022