Risk and Insurance Advisor – Inside Sales
As a Risk and Insurance Advisor – Inside Sales, you will generate and nurture small commercial insurance leads. As a member of the Commercial Enterprise team, you will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Commercial Insurance.
In this role, you will have three key areas of focus:
- Sales: You will engage with prospective clients to grow our Commercial Enterprise and achieve our sales targets for the year. Sales targets will be reviewed annually and adjusted as needed.
- Cross-Selling: You will identify exposures and refer opportunities to other departments within PROLINK.
- Client Service: You will assist prospective clients in securing another broker or insurance program if they do not fit PROLINK’s guidelines.
- Cultivate relationships by taking the time to understand clients’ unique needs;
- Develop and foster relationships with insurance markets to resolve any underwriting concerns;
- Collect underwriting information, prepare a submission using PROLINK templates, and market the file to appropriate insurance markets;
- Close a sale and bind the insured;
- Document all client correspondence and underwriting information on PROLINK’s Broker Management System, sales pipeline tools, and other company portals;
- Deliver a consistent client experience by helping transfer the insured to the Enterprise Account Management team;
- Drive other lines of business within the company by referring clients to the Personal Insurance, Life and Benefits, and Associations and Affinity Groups (AAG) teams where appropriate;
- Develop an annual business and professional development plan; and
- Attend weekly sales meetings and training and monthly meetings with your manager to discuss your progress on your business and professional development plan.
Education & Experience
The ideal candidate will meet many to most of the following requirements:
- Education: Must be RIBO Licensed;
- Experience: A minimum 3 years of experience (mandatory) in Account Management, Sales, Underwriting, or related roles in an insurance brokerage or insurance company. Exposure to Underwriting, Commercial Insurance (Commercial Enterprise as well as Commercial General Liability Insurance), or Group Insurance is preferred;
- Skills: A team player with a client-centric approach, ready to deliver great service. Comfort with managing multiple demands, with proven organizational, time-management and prioritization skills.
- Softer Skills: A person who is positive, energized, articulate, engaging, empathetic and approachable.
- Enjoy a competitive compensation package;
- Access comprehensive medical and dental benefits that will come in force on your first day as an employee;
- Experience the heart of Toronto’s financial district when in the office. PROLINK is steps away from Union Station and is connected to St. Andrew subway station;
- Work for a company that has the best of both worlds: the professionalism and success of a corporate environment, with the family-oriented and collaborative feel of a small business;
- Grow your career in an organization that loves to recognize and reward its top talent;
- Get to know your colleagues through one of our many social events (currently online);
- Relish in the comfort of working from home and from our office (as circumstances permit and require).
Published on: July 7, 2021
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: 3+ years
Job Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: Sep 1, 2021