Practice Manager, Clean & Sustainable Technology - Commercial Enterprise
As the Practice Manager of our Clean & Sustainable Technology Practice, you will help us grow our national footprint with some of the most progressive renewable energy and sustainable technology companies in Canada. This will include working with our existing client-base, growing that client base, and eventually building the practice nationally by hiring and training a business development team that will report to you. By becoming an expert in the clean and sustainable technology industry, you will be advising clients on a full range of property and casualty (P&C) insurance coverages and risk management strategies. We differentiate ourselves from a traditional insurance broker by leveraging our unique expertise to provide an exceptional and consultative experience at every level of interaction. You will also contribute to the development of thought leadership articles that address timely risk management and insurance topics for the industry.
As a member of the larger Commercial Enterprise team made up of practices focusing on other knowledge-based industries, you will also be part of bi-monthly Enterprise Department team meetings where knowledge and experiences are shared amongst all team members. You will take part in weekly sales meetings with the broader business development team within the Enterprise department, as well other departments across PROLINK. Here, we will check-in on successes, challenges, and cross department referral opportunities. Finally, there is a weekly check-in with the account management team to share industry information and check-in on the progress of client renewals.
In this role, you will have three key areas of focus:
- Advising: You will advise clients on their insurance coverages and risk controls with the goal of enhancing their overall resiliency as an organization. For our mid-market clients, you will conduct a Panoramic Risk Assessment, which is a proprietary approach that allows PROLINK to align our insurance and risk management programs with the strategic objectives of our clients.
- Protecting: You will educate our existing clients about their risks, and offer additional insurance and risk management solutions that we feel make sense for them.
- Building: You will lead the business development efforts in this Practice with the goal of building a national team that will take PROLINK’s unique business development approach and value proposition to the wider marketplace.
In 2018, PROLINK adopted a unique business development approach where we attain all new clients through a Broker of Record letter. This unique approach has been very successful and allowed us to start our client relationships based on unique value—not price. You will be introduced and trained on our unique business development approach, which includes leading edge sales methodologies and behavioural science concepts.
- Build and execute a business plan for the clean and sustainable technology industry segment, including annual goals and a blueprint for growing the Practice longer term, as well as hiring and training Risk Advisors who will also focus their business development efforts within your Practice.
- Learning and embracing the PROLINK business development approach, a consultative approach where we engage prospective clients at a strategic level and demonstrate a clear roadmap that will deliver unique value to their company.
- Develop relationships with clean and sustainable technology clients and prospects to identify opportunities to address their insurance and risk management needs. To be effective, you will need to develop an understanding of:
- The strategies, challenges, and business risks that these organizations face;
- How we can help them achieve their business objectives and address needs;
- How they manage risk and reduce exposures; and,
- The role insurance and PROLINK can play in risk mitigation.
- Attend clean and sustainable technology events and conferences to identify approaches to maximize attendee awareness of our services and to enhance your network and knowledge.
- Remain current on the players in the clean and sustainable technology segment, ranging from government and its possible legislative evolution, to competitors, to potential industry disruptors and innovators. You will also need to remain watchful of potential and emerging threats and competitors to us.
- Appropriately leverage the management team and colleagues in your sales efforts to deliver the best possible value to the client and increase the likelihood of winning.
- Upsell and cross-refer to other departments within PROLINK as appropriate.
- Engage in the renewal process for clients, working closely with our Practice Leader and Account Management team.
- Be the commercial insurance expert, or provide access to expertise, such that PROLINK keeps each prospect or client fully updated on industry trends, solutions, and perspectives in your area of industry expertise.
- Demonstrate that whenever there is an urgent need, the client can be secure in knowing that you and the PROLINK team have the client’s back and will respond quickly, professionally and with the appropriate actions and/or answers.
- Ensure billing is timely and accurate, and collected within 45 days.
- Participate in or oversee client advocacy on claims.
- Lead, participate in and/or contribute to the development and delivery of new risk management tools, white papers webinars, articles, etc. related to your industry segment speciality.
- Keep the CRM platform up-to-date with all opportunities you are working on and have closed.
- Input all new clients into our broker management system in a timely manner, including all required information, so that the billing team can invoice the client for you.
- Act as a good corporate citizen:
- Cultivate relationships with our AAG Commercial, Personal, and Life & Benefits team to develop trust, obtain referrals, and make referrals to them with a reasonable level of understanding of their offerings such that you can guide your clients appropriately.
- Treat all staff with respect and ensure that all staff members who participate in the serving of your clients fulfill their responsibilities.
- Foster relationships with our insurers and key underwriters such that they become partners in serving you and your clients effectively and quickly as needed.
- Show a sense of caring for our clients, prospects, industry colleagues and partners, demonstrated by helping as needed, resolving conflicts, showing a willingness to put in the extra effort when a situation demands it, and helping to foster collaboration and accountability.
Education & Experience
To be seriously considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Education: Must be RIBO Licensed.
- Experience: A minimum 5 years of commercial insurance experience (mandatory) in business development, underwriting, or related roles in an insurance brokerage or insurance company. Specific knowledge of the clean and sustainable technology industry is NOT a requirement—only a willingness to learn.
- Skills: A team player with a client-centric approach, ready to deliver great service. Comfort with managing multiple demands, with proven organizational, time-management and prioritization skills.
- Softer Skills: A person who is positive, energized, articulate, engaging, empathetic and approachable. An eagerness to learn and share what you have learned.
- Enjoy a competitive and flexible compensation package;
- Access comprehensive medical and dental benefits that will come in force on your first day as an employee;
- Experience the heart of Toronto’s financial district when in the office. PROLINK is steps away from Union Station and is connected to St. Andrew subway station;
- Work for a company that has the best of both worlds: the professionalism and success of a corporate environment, with the family-oriented and collaborative feel of a small business;
- Grow your career in an organization that loves to recognize and reward its top talent;
- Relish in the comfort of working from home and from our office (as circumstances permit and require);
- Have the opportunity to join many of our employees who are already owners in the firm.
At PROLINK, diversity begins and ends with our employees. It is important to us that we create a diverse, equal, inclusive, and accessible work environment where our employees feel valued, respected, and supported. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a workforce that reflects the community in which we live and work.
We are dedicated to providing accommodations where necessary during all parts of the hiring process to applicants. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Published on: May 8, 2023
Employment Status: Full-Time
Experience: 5+ years
Job Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023