Junior Account Manager, Commercial Programs
As an Assistant Account Manager in PROLINK’s Professional Associations and Affinity Groups department, you’ll provide administrative support to an Account Manager while supporting our clients with their professional Insurance needs. You’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate with the Digital Strategy team in designing efficient self-service vehicles that will transform the way we do business with our clients.
- Imparting your expertise to provide an exceptional, consultative client experience that helps clients feel secure in the decisions they make on their insurance needs;
- Cultivating client relationships by taking the time needed to understand their unique requirements and exploring the opportunity to upsell or cross-sell insurance products;
- Driving other lines of business within the company by referring clients to the Personal Insurance, Commercial Enterprise, and Life and Benefits teams, when appropriate;
- Enabling a successful renewal for each Association or Group in your portfolio by processing a high volume of renewals and phone calls during these peak times;
- Contributing to a cohesive and centralized view of each client by diligently uploading client interactions through the Broker Management System or other company portals which will enable a consistent client experience;
- Leveraging a multi-channel approach to assist clients with their needs in a fast-paced environment;
- Advocating for your clients by acting as a liaison with the insurance company to discuss any underwriting concerns and provide sound risk management advice;
- Assisting the company’s financial growth by invoicing, collecting payments, and reconciling accounts at times.
Education & Experience
To be seriously considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
Education: Must be RIBO Licensed.
Experience: Minimum 1 year of experience in service or sales related roles with an insurance brokerage or insurance company is strongly preferred. Exposure to Underwriting, Commercial Insurance (Professional Liability Insurance as well as Commercial General Liability Insurance), or Group Insurance, is a great asset.
Skills: A team player with a client-centric approach, ready to deliver great service. Comfort with managing multiple demands, with proven organizational, time-management and prioritization skills.
Softer Skills: A person who is positive, energized, articulate, engaging, empathetic and approachable.
Communication Skills: A person with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Enjoy a competitive compensation package;
Access comprehensive medical and dental benefits that will come in force on your first day as an employee;
Relish in the comfort of working from home and from our office (as circumstances permit and require);
Experience the heart of Toronto’s financial district when in the office. PROLINK is steps away from Union Station and is connected to St. Andrew subway station;
Grow your career in an organization that loves to recognize and reward its top talent;
Work for a company that has the best of both worlds:the professionalism and success of a corporate environment, with the family-oriented and collaborative feel of a small business.
At PROLINK, diversity begins and ends with our employees. It is important to us that we create a diverse, equal, inclusive, and accessible work environment where our employees feel valued, respected, and supported.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a workforce that reflects the community in which we live and work. We are dedicated to providing accommodations where necessary during all parts of the hiring process to applicants. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Published on: November 17, 2023
Employment Status: Full-Time
Experience: 1+ Years
Job Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: November 30, 2023