Human Resource Assistant
As a Human Resource Assistant your role will be focused on recruitment, payroll processing, and various administrative tasks assigned to you from the HR Manager.
Support the recruitment function:
- Preparing job ads, screen resumes, and conduct telephone interviews;
- Coordinating interviews with the hiring managers involved;
- Utilizing platforms such as LinkedIn and Indeed to post job ads;
- Managing and update our HRIS and ATS;
- Identifying candidates that fit well with PROLINK’s culture;
- Building and nurturing a talent pipeline;
- Conducting background checks and reference checks for prospective hires;
- Preparing offers of employment.
Manage payroll processes:
- Maintaining payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data;
- Updating payroll records;
- Preparing reports;
- Issuing ROE’s;
- Resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Preparing communications, minutes and respond to general inquiries;
- Tracking information as necessary to ensure compliance with HR policies and procedures;
- Assisting on projects to prepare the organization for HR initiatives;
- Collecting new hire information and initiate on-boarding activities;
Performing other human resources and administrative tasks as assigned by the HR Manager.
Education & Experience
To be seriously considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: One to four years of experience in an Administrative capacity. Experience in an insurance brokerage or insurance company is an asset.
- Skills: A team player with a “client is king” mentality, ready to live up to exceptional customer service standards. A multi-tasker that possesses exceptional organizational, time-management and prioritization skills;
- Technical Skills: strongly preferred:
- MS Outlook & Office
- SIG by KEAL
- Insurers’ quoting software – Canada Life, iA, iA excellence, CPP, Equitable Life, Manulife, and Manulife, RBC, Desjardins Financial, etc.
- APEXA, industry wide contracting & broker compliance platform
- Insurers’ extranet and FASAT web re contract and compensation.
- Attitude: A positive attitude with the flexibility to support the team with any ad-hoc needs.
- Book that massage, since your excellent medical and dental benefits will come in force on your first day as an employee.
- Pack your bags for three weeks’ vacation throughout your year.
- Experience the heart of Toronto’s financial district—PROLINK is steps away from Union Station and connected to the St. Andrew subway station.
- Work for a company that has the best of both worlds: the professionalism and success of a corporate environment, with the family-oriented and collaborative feel of a small business.
- Grow your career in an organization that loves to recognize and reward its top talent.
- Get to know your colleagues through one of our many social events.
Published on: March 10, 2020
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: 1 to 2 years
Job Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: March 25, 2020