Consultant, Life and Benefits
As a Consultant, you will provide sales and administrative support to PROLINK’s Life and Benefits department.
As members of the PROLINK team, Consultants have the advantage of knowing that clients from the other lines of business of PROLINK (for example, Personal Lines, Commercial and Corporate clients, Associations and Affinity Groups) are available to be referred for individual and group life, disability, critical, health and dental and other required health (travel medical, AD&D, etc.) insurance in addition to any clients that the Consultants introduce as new clients to PROLINK.
Deliverables by first quarter:
- Full knowledge of PROLINK exclusive Association Benefits Plans;
- Able to quote with ease, process new business, and manoeuvre portals;
- Take initiative in identifying marketing areas that need adjustments.
- Sell, in a consultative manner, life and group benefit insurance solutions – including new and renewal business;
- Demonstrate and continue to develop expertise in understanding:
- Client needs in life, critical illness, disability, health & dental, HSA’s and group benefits insurance; and
- Various products and options available from Canada’s major life insurers.
- Identify prospects and obtain referrals from within your client base;
- Meet or exceed the forecasted premium volume and commission growth goals as established by your manager;
- Conduct proper fact finds/needs analysis;
- Complete necessary compliance reports;
- Participate in weekly sales meetings.
Servicing and Support:
- Ensure that the clients you serve are appropriately educated on their options and final choices, such that they are confident in their choice of broker, insurer(s), and solutions;
- Ensure that each staff member who connects with your clients understands how they should be serviced;
- Participate in the service of each client such that the client is secure in the knowledge that whenever there is a pressing need, a life change, or the occurrence of an unfortunate event, PROLINK will “have the client’s back,” serve them with appropriate speed and empathy, and help as needed;
- Help foster in your clients a sense of belonging to the PROLINK organization such that they view you as “their personal connection in the insurance business” who can help them, their families, and their networks;
- Provide ongoing support to the Vice President of the Life and Benefits Department;
- Cultivate relationships with all of our departments so as to develop trust, and provide and receive referrals;
- Foster relationships with our insurers and key underwriters such that they become partners in serving you and your clients effectively;
- Demonstrate a sense of caring for our clients, prospects, industry colleagues and partners, by helping as needed, resolving conflicts, showing a willingness to put in the extra effort when a situation demands it, and helping to foster collaboration and accountability.
Education & Experience
The ideal candidate will meet many to most of the following requirements:
- Education: Must be LLQP Licensed; Post Secondary/University education preferred.
- Experience: 4 or more years of experience in a life and health insurance sales capacity; experience in an insurance brokerage or insurance company would be an asset.
- Skills: A team player with a client-centric approach, ready to deliver great service. Comfort with managing multiple demands, with proven organizational, time-management and prioritization skills.
- Technical Skills (strongly preferred):
- MS Outlook & Office;
- SIG (by KEAL);
- Insurers’ quoting software – (Canada Life, iA, CPP, Equitable Life, Manulife, and Manulife, RBC, Desjardins Financial, etc. ) and Insurers’ extranet and FASAT web (contract and compensation);
- APEXA (industry wide contracting & broker compliance platform).
- Attitude: A positive attitude with the flexibility to support the team with any ad-hoc needs.
- Enjoy a competitive compensation package;
- Access comprehensive medical and dental benefits that will come in force on your first day as an employee;
- Experience the heart of Toronto’s financial district when in the office. PROLINK is steps away from Union Station and is connected to St. Andrew subway station;
- Work for a company that has the best of both worlds: the professionalism and success of a corporate environment, with the family-oriented and collaborative feel of a small business;
- Grow your career in an organization that loves to recognize and reward its top talent;
- Relish in the comfort of working from home and from our office (as circumstances permit and require).
At PROLINK, diversity begins and ends with our employees. It is important to us that we create a diverse, equal, inclusive, and accessible work environment where our employees feel valued, respected, and supported. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a workforce that reflects the community in which we live and work.
We are dedicated to providing accommodations where necessary during all parts of the hiring process to applicants. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Published on: November 9, 2023
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: 4+ years
Job Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: February 29, 2024