Business Development Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic and results driven individual to join our growing team at PROLINK. As a Business Development Manager in PROLINK’s Professional Associations and Affinity Groups department, you’ll be driving financial growth by closing leads and building strong relationship with clients. We are looking for a self-starter looking to make an impact in a growing environment.
- Promote the company’s products/services and providing solutions to clients issues with a main focus on; professional liability, commercial general liability, cyber insurance liability (privacy breach), and D&O;
- Work with a client base whom belongs to the Associations and Programs within Canada (Social Worker Program, Chartered Accountants, Paralegals, Engineers, Independent Contractors, Financial Service, among others) ;
- Become a subject matter expert on PROLINK’s business, processes, and operations;
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients using today’s technologies;
- Complete appropriate research on the prospective client’s unique business needs;
- Provide one on one support with clients to provide the best insurance product options;
- Negotiate contract Terms & Conditions with new and current customers;
- Connect with clients via warm transfers (phone and email);
- Work independently as well as collaborate with other members of the team;
- Connect clients to an online digital solution and be a liaison to help guide clients through the system;
- Work with the marketing department to send out physical and digital marketing content to promote and educate clients within the various Associations and Programs;
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain as well as customer satisfaction;
- Keep records of sales through our workflow and processes;
- Provide support to clients to foster trust from the initial stage of the relationship as well as throughout the entirety of our relationship;
- Remain current with industry trends.
Education & Experience
To be seriously considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Education:Must be RIBO licensed. Post Secondary/ University education preferred;
- Experience: 3 years + experience as an Account Manager, Underwriting, Sales or related roles in an insurance brokerage or insurance company is strongly preferred. Exposure to Underwriting, Commercial Insurance (Professional Liability Insurance as well as Commercial General Liability Insurance), or Group Insurance, is a great asset. We are looking for someone who has a proven sales record, ability to build rapport and strong communication skills when negotiating;
- Skills: A team player with a “client is king” mentality, ready to live up to exceptional service standards. A multi-tasker that possesses excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills;
- Attitude: Ambitious, self motivated, positive and enthusiastic for sales.
- PROLINK offers a competitive compensation package
- Book that massage, since your excellent medical and dental benefits will come in force on your first day as an employee.
- Experience the heart of Toronto’s financial district—PROLINK is steps away from Union Station and connected to the St. Andrew subway station
- Work for a company that has the best of both worlds: the professionalism and success of a corporate environment, with the family-oriented and collaborative feel of a small business.
- Grow your career in an organization that loves to recognize and reward its top talent.
- Get to know your colleagues through one of our many social events.
- Work from home until further advised by PROLINK.
Published on: January 2, 2021
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: 3+ years
Job Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: March 4, 2021