Associate Director Finance and Accounting
We are looking for a self-driven and professional Accounting Specialist; someone who will be laser focused on enabling the successful and profitable growth of the business; a high performance, driven and dynamic professional who:
- Will view business as their own, creating and pursuing initiatives to drive success.
- Loves data, systems, analysis and the process of distilling the data into actionable and insightful information. A critical success factor will be to become “a guru” in the use of insurance systems, particularly SIG and COM, elements of our broker management system developed by Keal technology.
- Is unquestionably a great listener, strategic thinker, and possesses a consultative orientation
- Enjoys developing trusted relationships with bankers, external accountants, lawyers, auditors and CRA
- Has experience acquiring and onboarding minor enhancements to the business ranging from a producer and a book of business to small brokerages and businesses complimentary to our own client and sectoral focus
- Is obsessed by accuracy and attention to detail
- Has an unwavering moral compass, always does the right thing in a reliable way, and treats all fairly and respectfully
- Learning all the roles within the accounting department and recommending opportunities for improvement via procedures, documentation and automation
- Participating on project teams to facilitate business case development
- Understand the internal customer in order to recommend and implement new management financial tools and reports
- Assist with the development of financial planning, modelling and forecasting
- Preparing for and participating in annual financial statement preparation as well as any government or client audits
- Assisting with clean up from a previous system migration
Education & Experience
To be seriously considered for this role you must meet the following requirements:
- Education: Accounting Designation (CPA required)
- Experience in insurance or insurance brokerage is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5+ of Accounting experience in a senior accounting/financial management role.
- Experience preparing Financial Statement Consolidation and year-end reporting.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Knowledge of automated/manual and financial accounting, reporting and control systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related discipline.
- Ability to work with the highest level of diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Book that massage, since your excellent medical and dental benefits will come in force on your first day as an employee.
- Pack your bags for three weeks’ vacation throughout your year.
- Experience the heart of Toronto’s financial district—PROLINK is steps away from Union Station and connected to the St. Andrew subway station.
- Work for a company that has the best of both worlds: the professionalism and success of a corporate environment, with the family-oriented and collaborative feel of a small business.
- Grow your career in an organization that loves to recognize and reward its top talent.
- Get to know your colleagues through one of our many social events.
- Have the opportunity to work from home until further advised by PROLINK.
Published on: March 17, 2021
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: 5+ years
Job Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: April 9, 2021