Assistant Account Manager, Associations and Affinity Groups
As an Assistant Account Manager in PROLINK’s Professional Associations and Affinity Groups department, you’ll provide administrative support to an Account Manager while supporting our clients with their professional Insurance needs. You’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate with the Digital Strategy team in designing efficient self-service vehicles that will transform the way we do business with our clients.
To perform client and administrative duties that can include;
- Assisting clients with renewals, addressing their questions and fulfilling their requests
- Referring clients to the Personal Insurance and Life departments
- Understanding client situation and needs to potentially upsell coverage (once you are comfortable with your expertise on such coverages) or refer opportunities to a sales person
- Uploading client information through our Broker Management System or through company portals
- Uploading client files in our Broker Management System
- Assisting Account Managers/Account Executives in processing and reviewing applications, renewals, endorsements changes, cancellations and the re-marketing of clients
- Handling various letters for Account Managers/Account Executives including claims payments
- Acting as a liaison between the client and insurers, following up on missing information discussing underwriting concerns, and providing sound underwriting advice
- Invoicing, collecting payments, and reconciling accounts
- Updating and maintaining borderaux (excel spreadsheets)
- Working with our Digital Strategy team to help them enable effective client self-service applications
- To act as a positive, supportive and encouraging member of and contributor to the Associations & Affinity group team. To proactively make suggestions as to how the department can serve clients better, advise them more effectively, and become more proficient.
Education & Experience
To be seriously considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Education: Must be RIBO Licensed;
- Experience: One to four years of experience as an Account Manager, or related role in an insurance brokerage or insurance company is strongly preferred. Exposure to Underwriting, Commercial Insurance (Professional Liability Insurance as well as Commercial General Liability Insurance) or Group Insurance is a great asset.
- Skills: A team player with a “client is king” mentality, ready to live up to exceptional service standards. A multi-tasker that possesses excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills;
- Attitude: A positive attitude with the flexibility to support the team with any ad-hoc needs.
To demonstrate excellence in:
- Time management and attention to detail.
- Your ability to multi-task in a high transaction volume environment;
- Your use of Microsoft Office and Keal Technology (we will train you as needed).
We will provide you with coaching and training as needed to help you reach excellence.
- Book that massage, since your excellent medical and dental benefits will come in force on your first day as an employee.
- Pack your bags for three weeks’ vacation throughout your year.
- We offer a 9 to 5 schedule.
- Experience the heart of Toronto’s financial district—PROLINK is steps away from Union Station.
- Work for a company that has the best of both worlds: the professionalism and success of a corporate environment, with the family-oriented and collaborative feel of a small business.
- Grow your career in an organization that loves to recognize and reward its top talent.
- Get to know your colleagues through one of our many social events.
Published on: December 22, 2020
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: 1-4 Years
Job Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: January 4, 2020