Administrative & Sales Assistant, Life and Benefits
As an Administrative & Sales Assistant in PROLINK’s Life and Benefits department, you’ll provide administrative support to the Life Administration team and Life Account Executives.
To perform administrative duties in support of the Life and Benefits Department;
- Providing support to the Manager, and Vice President of the department, with any administrative or sales related support
- Servicing New Business & Existing Business for Individual & Group life & benefits insurance;
- Liaising between insurers and brokers including PROLINK Broker Network PBNet.ca brokers in marketing, underwriting and existing client services;
- Updating all files, scanning files to a shared drive, and sending hard copies to brokers;
- Contracting including new agents and transfer of books between MGAs & use of APEXA online contracting & compliance platform;
- Tracking brokerage compensation for the Life and Benefits of PROLINK Insurance Inc.;
- Implementing compliance procedures & periodically assisting in updating compliance manuals & procedures;
- Implementing procedures for Agent screening & monitoring on an ongoing basis;
- Assisting in marketing and sales projects.
Education & Experience
To be seriously considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: One to four years of experience in an Administrative capacity. Experience in an insurance brokerage or insurance company is an asset.
- Skills: A team player with a “client is king” mentality, ready to live up to exceptional customer service standards. A multi-tasker that possesses exceptional organizational, time-management and prioritization skills;
- Technical Skills: strongly preferred:
- MS Outlook & Office
- SIG by KEAL
- Insurers’ quoting software – Canada Life, iA, iA excellence, CPP, Equitable Life, Manulife, and Manulife, RBC, Desjardins Financial, etc.
- APEXA, industry wide contracting & broker compliance platform
- Insurers’ extranet and FASAT web re contract and compensation.
- Attitude: A positive attitude with the flexibility to support the team with any ad-hoc needs.
- Book that massage, since your excellent medical and dental benefits will come in force on your first day as an employee.
- Pack your bags for three weeks’ vacation throughout your year.
- Experience the heart of Toronto’s financial district—PROLINK is steps away from Union Station and connected to the St. Andrew subway station.
- Work for a company that has the best of both worlds: the professionalism and success of a corporate environment, with the family-oriented and collaborative feel of a small business.
- Grow your career in an organization that loves to recognize and reward its top talent.
- Get to know your colleagues through one of our many social events.
Published on: October 15, 2019
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: 1 to 4 years
Job Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: November 8, 2019