Administrative Assistant Team Lead, Life and Benefits
As the Team Lead to the Life and Benefits Admin Assistant team, you’ll provide leadership and admin support to the Life Administration team and Life Account Executives.
To perform leadership duties in support of the Life and Benefits Department, including:
- Training of administrative colleagues;
- Acting as the team’s Compliance Officer;
- Overseeing and supporting the life admin duties for:
- NWCTA Group Admin;
- Group Admin;
- Contracting; and
- PROLINK Financial Group (PFG) Admin).
To perform administrative duties in support of the Life and Benefits Department, including:
- Providing administrative support to the Vice President of the department;
- Serving New Business & Inforce Business clients for Individual & Group life & benefits insurance;
- Liaising between insurers and brokers, including the PROLINK Broker Network PBNet.ca brokers in marketing, underwriting, and inforce client services;
- Updating all files, scanning files to a shared drive, and sending hard copies to brokers;
- Contracting and commissions, including new agents, the transfer of books between MGAs through the APEXA online contracting andcompliance platform;
- Tracking brokerage compensation for the Life and Benefits of PROLINK Insurance Inc.;
- Implementing compliance procedures and periodically assisting in updating compliance manuals & procedures;
- Implementing procedures for Agent screening and monitoring on an ongoing basis;
- Assisting with marketing and sales projects as needed.
Deliverables by First Quarter:
- Full knowledge of PROLINK exclusive Association Benefits Plans.
- Able to quote with ease, process new business, and quickly manoeuvre portals.
- Take initiative in identifying marketing areas that need adjustments.
Education & Experience
The ideal candidate should meet many to most of the following requirements:
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Experience: A minimum of 3years of experience in an administrative capacity, with basic bookkeeping abilities. Experience in an insurance brokerage or insurance company is an asset. Contracting and commission experience with MGAs.
- Technical Skills: Strongly preferred:
- MS Office Suite, including Outlook and Excel;
- SIG by KEAL;
- Insurers’ quoting software (Canada Life, iA, iA excellence, CPP, Equitable Life, Manulife, and Manulife, RBC, Desjardins Financial, etc.);
- APEXA, an industry-wide contracting and & broker compliance platform; and
- Insurers’ extranet and FASAT web re contract and compensation.
- Soft Skills: A team player with a client-centric approach, ready to deliver great service. Comfort with managing multiple demands, with proven organizational, time-management and prioritization skills.
- Attitude: A positive attitude with the flexibility to support the team with any ad-hoc needs.
- Have the peace of mind, since your excellent medical and dental benefits will come in force on your first day as an employee.
- Pack your bags for three weeks’ vacation throughout your year.
- Experience the heart of Toronto’s financial district—PROLINK is steps away from Union Station and connected to the St. Andrew subway station.
- Work for a company that has the best of both worlds: the professionalism and success of a corporate environment, with the family-oriented and collaborative feel of a small business.
- Grow your career in an organization that loves to recognize and reward its top talent.
- Get to know your colleagues through one of our many social events.
- Have the opportunity to work from home until further advised by PROLINK.
Published on: April 30, 2021
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: 3+ years
Job Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: May 21, 2021