Administrative Assistant, Life and Benefits
As an Administrative Assistant in PROLINK’s Life and Benefits department, you’ll provide administrative support to the Life Administration team and Life Account Executives.
- To perform administrative duties in support of the Life and Benefits Department;
- Providing support to the Manager, and Vice President of the department, with any administrative support
- Servicing New Business & Inforce Business for Individual & Group life & benefits insurance;
- Liaising between insurers and brokers including PROLINK Broker Network PBNet.ca brokers in marketing, underwriting and inforce client services;
- Updating all files, scanning files to a shared drive, and sending hard copies to brokers;
- Contracting including new agents and transfer of books between MGAs & use of APEXA online contracting & compliance platform;
- Tracking brokerage compensation for the Life and Benefits of PROLINK Insurance Inc.;
- Implementing compliance procedures & periodically assisting in updating compliance manuals & procedures;
- Implementing procedures for Agent screening & monitoring on an ongoing basis;
- Assisting in marketing and sales projects.
- Contracting experience with MGAs
Education & Experience
To be seriously considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: One to four years of experience in an Administrative capacity. Experience in an insurance brokerage or insurance company is an asset.
- Skills: A team player with a “client is king” mentality, ready to live up to exceptional customer service standards. A multi-tasker that possesses exceptional organizational, time-management and prioritization skills;
- Technical Skills strongly preferred:
- MS Outlook & Office
- SIG by KEAL
- Insurers’ quoting software – Canada Life, iA, iA excellence, CPP, Equitable Life, Manulife, and Manulife, RBC, Desjardins Financial, etc.
- APEXA, industry wide contracting & broker compliance platform
- Insurers’ extranet and FASAT web re contract and compensation.
- Attitude: A positive attitude with the flexibility to support the team with any ad-hoc needs.
Deliverables by first quarter:
- Full knowledge of PROLINK exclusive Association Benefits Plans.
- Able to quote with ease, process new business, and manoeuver portals.
- Takes initiative in identifying marketing areas that need adjustments.
- Book that massage, since your excellent medical and dental benefits will come in force on your first day as an employee.
- Pack your bags for three weeks’ vacation throughout your year.
- Experience the heart of Toronto’s financial district—PROLINK is steps away from Union Station and connected to the St. Andrew subway station.
- Work for a company that has the best of both worlds: the professionalism and success of a corporate environment, with the family-oriented and collaborative feel of a small business.
- Grow your career in an organization that loves to recognize and reward its top talent.
- Get to know your colleagues through one of our many social events.
- Work from home until further advised by PROLINK.
Published on: March 17, 2021
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: 1-4 years
Job Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: April 9, 2021