Administrative Assistant, Life and Benefits
As an Administrative Assistant in PROLINK’s Life and Benefits department, you’ll provide administrative support to the Life Administration team and Life Account Executives.
To perform administrative duties in support of the Life and Benefits Department;
- Providing support to the Manager, and Vice President of the department, with any administrative support
- Servicing New Business & Inforce Business for Individual & Group life & benefits insurance;
- Liaising between insurers and brokers including PROLINK Broker Network PBNet.ca brokers in marketing, underwriting and inforce client services;
- Updating all files, scanning files to a shared drive, and sending hard copies to brokers;
- Contracting including new agents and transfer of books between MGAs & use of APEXA online contracting & compliance platform;
- Tracking brokerage compensation for the Life and Benefits of PROLINK Insurance Inc.;
- Implementing compliance procedures & periodically assisting in updating compliance manuals & procedures;
- Implementing procedures for Agent screening & monitoring on an ongoing basis;
- Assisting in marketing and sales projects.
Education & Experience
- Experience: One to four years of experience in an Administrative capacity. Experience in an insurance brokerage or insurance company is an asset.
- Skills: A team player with a “client is king” mentality, ready to live up to exceptional customer service standards. A multi-tasker that possesses exceptional organizational, time-management and prioritization skills;
- Technical Skills: strongly preferred:
- MS Outlook & Office
- SIG by KEAL
- Insurers’ quoting software – Canada Life, iA, iA excellence, CPP, Equitable Life, Manulife, and Manulife, RBC, Desjardins Financial, etc.
- APEXA, industry wide contracting & broker compliance platform
- Insurers’ extranet and FASAT web re contract and compensation.
- Attitude: A positive attitude with the flexibility to support the team with any ad-hoc needs.
Deliverables by first quarter:
- Full knowledge of PROLINK exclusive Association Benefits Plans.
- Able to quote with ease, process new business, and manoeuvre portals.
- Takes initiative in identifying marketing areas that need adjustments.
- PROLINK offers a competitive compensation package;
- Book that massage, since your excellent medical and dental benefits will come in force on your first day as an employee;
- Experience the heart of Toronto’s financial district—PROLINK is steps away from Union Station and is connected to St. Andrew subway station;
- Work for a company that has the best of both worlds: the professionalism and success of a corporate environment, with the family-oriented and collaborative feel of a small business;
- Grow your career in an organization that loves to recognize and reward its top talent;
- Get to know your colleagues through one of our many social events;
- Enjoy the benefits of working from home (to be reviewed 2021).
Published on: October 22, 2020
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: 1+ Years
Job Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: November 12, 2020