As an Accounting Assistant, you will support the Accounting team with various tasks, including handling accounts payable and receivable, producing reports, monthly reconciliations and more.
- Ensure general expense invoices received for payment are authorized by the appropriate manager for payment;
- Ensure monthly premium payments to insurance companies and sub-brokers are reconciled and issued per contract requirements;
- Plan timing of payments to maximize our cash flow;
- Issue payments in our SIG accounting system and process EFT/Wire payments through on-line banking as required;
- Process EFT and/or credit card receivables through data entry into the accounting system;
- Ensure payments allocated to appropriate client accounts;
- Communicate information as necessary with respect to declined or NSF payments;
- Produce reports for the business departments and management team as required;
- Complete various bank, client accounts receivable and balance sheet monthly reconciliations;
- Coordinate reconciliation adjustments or corrections with other members of the Accounting team or other PROLINK teams as needed;
- Assist with special projects and assignments as they are assigned.
Education & Experience
The ideal candidate will meet many to most of the following requirements:
- Education: Post-secondary education in accounting or related field.
- Experience: A minimum 2 years of experience (mandatory) as an Accounting Assistant. Exposure to the insurance industry is strongly preferred.
- Skills: A self-driven and professional team player with a client-centric approach, ready to deliver great service. Comfort with managing multiple demands, with proven organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills.
- Softer Skills: A person who is positive, energized, articulate, engaging, empathetic, and approachable.
- Enjoy a competitive compensation package;
- Access comprehensive medical and dental benefits that will come in force on your first day as an employee;
- Relish in the comfort of working from home and from our office (as circumstances permit and require).
- Experience the heart of Toronto’s financial district when in the office. PROLINK is steps away from Union Station and is connected to St. Andrew subway station;
- Work for a company that has the best of both worlds: the professionalism and success of a corporate environment, with the family-oriented and collaborative feel of a small business;
- Grow your career in an organization that loves to recognize and reward its top talent.
Published on: May 10, 2022
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: 2+ years
Job Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: May 31, 2022