Account Manager, Personal Insurance (18 month Contract)
To serve a set of clients such that they value their relationships and experiences with you and their Personal Insurance – PROLINK team:
- Understand each client’s risk management needs. Identify gaps in coverage and loss exposures. Recommend insurance coverage.
- Ensure each client is confident in their choice of broker, insurer(s) and solutions.
- Foster in your clients a sense of belonging to the PROLINK organization such that they view you as “their personal connection in the insurance business” who can help them, their businesses, and even their families and networks.
- Be the commercial insurance expert for each client, fully updated on industry trends and solutions, to keep clients fully informed with relevant information and perspectives.
- Demonstrate that whenever there is an urgent need, the client can be secure in knowing that you and the PROLINK team have the client’s back and will respond quickly, professionally and with the appropriate actions and/or answers.
- This role is 18-month contract to cover a Maternity Leave. Your role will be re-assessed to see if there is an opportunity to transition into an available permanent job at that time.
- Manage the renewal process
- Cross and up sell the missing lines of business
- Oversee, guide or instruct support staff as needed on:
- The preparation and timely issuance of policies, cover notes, certificates of insurance, binders, invoices and client correspondence, where applicable.
- The administration of claims reporting with insurers.
- Ensure billing and accounting is accurate.
- Act as the primary client advocate on claims when necessary.
- Escalate any incidents or potential conflicts with customer or colleagues for manager’s intervention
- Collaborate with Producers and Associates in the effective management and growth of your account base.
- Develop and maintain good relationship with Personal Lines accounts;
Demonstrate excellence in:
- Time management and attention to detail.
- Your ability to multi-task in a high transaction volume environment;
- Your use of Microsoft Office and Keal Technology.
We will provide you with coaching and training as needed to help you reach excellence.
Education & Experience
To be seriously considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Education: Must be RIBO Licensed;
- Experience: 3+ years as an Account Manager in an insurance brokerage or insurance company is strongly preferred. Exposure to Underwriting, Personal Lines Insurance (Home and Auto) or Group Insurance, is a great asset;
- Skills: A team player with a “client is king” mentality, ready to live up to exceptional service standards.
- Detail oriented
- A multi-tasker that possesses excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills;
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Able to manage high volume, fast-paced environments
- Attitude: A positive attitude with the flexibility to support the team with any ad-hoc needs.
Deliverables within first quarter
- Organize and prioritize their work to have a clear understanding of writing certificates and the details required
- Independently navigate through the various insurance portals, rate manuals, wordings, and bulletins
- Follow the service team’s best practices guide and provide clear and detailed notes for every client interaction from start to finish
- Book that massage, since your excellent medical and dental benefits will come in force on your first day as an employee.
- Pack your bags for three weeks’ vacation throughout your year.
- Experience the heart of Toronto’s financial district—PROLINK is steps away from Union Station and connected to the St. Andrew subway station.
- Work for a company that has the best of both worlds: the professionalism and success of a corporate environment, with the family-oriented and collaborative feel of a small business.
- Grow your career in an organization that loves to recognize and reward its top talent.
- Get to know your colleagues through one of our many social events.
- Have the opportunity to work from home until further advised by PROLINK.
Published on: March 17, 2021
Employment Status: 18 Month Contract
Experience: 3+ years
Job Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: April 9, 2021