Account Manager, Commercial Enterprise
The Account Manager within our Commercial Enterprise division is responsible for managing the Micro Commercial accounts with a low to no touch approach. Micro commercial accounts are under $2,000 premium with a reliance on automation of policy contracts, direct billing and clients using self-service platforms for certificate issuance.
The Account Manager provides an exceptional client experience at every interaction working in conjunction with other account managers within the Commercial Enterprise team. As a member of the Commercial Enterprise team you will attend bimonthly team meetings, one on one weekly meetings and weekly training sessions. Interaction with your peers in addition to attending these meetings will contribute to an increase in knowledge, such that you can progress within the organization to a Senior AM position if you so choose as part of your development at PROLINK.
You will advise clients on the full range of P&C coverages.
Three key areas of focus;
- Client Experience: advising clients on their existing coverages and risk controls whenever requested.
- Cross Sell and Up Sell: identifying client exposures and offering insurance solutions to cover them.
- Account Maintenance: making sure that renewal and policy changes as well as payment and claims are managed in an accurate, professional, and timely fashion.
- Preparation of renewal quotes and sell, upsell and/or cross sell insurance policies.
- Understanding and learning insurance companies’ portals including: Intact, Aviva, RSA, Economical, Travelers, among others.
- Processing renewals and endorsements, cover notes, certificates of insurance, binders, invoices and client correspondence.
- Initiating the premium collection process (where applicable) and the aged receivables recovery.
- Documenting claims information on files, report to insurers and advocate on behalf of insureds.
- Performing administrative tasks and special projects if necessary: surveys, reporting, policy downloads, reconciliations etc.
- Imparting your expertise to provide an exceptional, consultative client experience that helps clients feel secure in the decisions they make on their insurance needs;
- Cultivating client relationships by taking the time needed to understand their unique requirements and exploring the opportunity to upsell or cross-sell insurance products;
- Driving other lines of business within the company by referring clients to the Personal Insurance, Commercial Enterprise, and Life and Benefits teams, when appropriate;
- Collaborating with an Assistant Account Manager to streamline policy-related administrative tasks such as processing and reviewing applications, renewals, endorsement changes, cancellations, re-marketing of clients, and claims application initiation;
- Contributing to a cohesive and centralized view of each client by diligently uploading client interactions through the Broker Management System or other company portals which will enable a consistent client experience;
- Leveraging a multi-channel approach to assist clients with their needs in a fast-paced environment;
- Advocating for your clients by acting as a liaison with the insurance company to discuss any underwriting concerns and provide sound underwriting advice;
- Assisting the company’s financial growth by invoicing, collecting payments, and reconciling accounts at times.
Education & Experience
To be seriously considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Education: Must be RIBO Licensed;
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience in Account Management, Sales, Underwriting, or related roles in an insurance brokerage or insurance company is strongly preferred. Exposure to Underwriting, Commercial Insurance (Commercial Enterprise as well as Commercial General Liability Insurance), or Group Insurance, is a great asset;
- Skills: A team player with a “client is king” mentality, ready to live up to exceptional service standards. A multitasker that possesses excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills;
- Attitude: A positive attitude with the flexibility to support the team with any ad-hoc needs.
- PROLINK offers a competitive compensation package;
- Book that massage, since your excellent medical and dental benefits will come in force on your first day as an employee;
- Experience the heart of Toronto’s financial district—PROLINK is steps away from Union Station and is connected to St. Andrew subway station;
- Work for a company that has the best of both worlds: the professionalism and success of a corporate environment, with the family-oriented and collaborative feel of a small business;
- Grow your career in an organization that loves to recognize and reward its top talent;
- Get to know your colleagues through one of our many social events;
- Enjoy the benefits of working from home (to be reviewed 2021).
Published on: October 27, 2020
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: 3+ years
Job Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: December 1, 2020