Account Executive, Life and Benefits
As an Account Executive, you will provide sales and administrative support to PROLINK’s Life and Benefits department.
- To sell, in a consultative manner, life and group benefit insurance solutions – including new and renewal business.
- To demonstrate and to continue to develop expertise in understanding:
- Client needs in life, critical illness, disability, health & dental, HSA’s and group benefits insurance;
- And the products and options available from our insurers.
- To identify prospects and obtain referrals from within your client base.
- To meet or exceed the forecasted premium volume and commission growth goals as established by your manager.
- Conduct proper fact finds/needs analysis.
- Complete necessary compliance reports.
- Participate in weekly sales meetings.
Servicing and Support:
- To ensure that the clients you serve are appropriately educated on their options and final choices, such that they are confident in their choice of broker, insurer(s), and solutions.
- To ensure that each staff member who connects with your clients understands how they should be serviced.
- To participate in the service of each client such that the client is secure in the knowledge that whenever there is a pressing need, a life change, or the occurrence of an unfortunate event, PROLINK will “have the client’s back,” serve them with appropriate speed and empathy, and help as needed.
- To help foster in your clients a sense of belonging to the PROLINK organization such that they view you as “their personal connection in the insurance business” who can help them, their families, and their networks.
- Provide ongoing support to the Vice President of the department.
- To cultivate relationships with our all our departments so as to develop trust, and give and receive referrals.
- To foster relationships with our insurers and key underwriters such that they become partners in serving you and your clients effectively.
- To demonstrate a sense of caring for our clients, prospects, industry colleagues and partners, by helping as needed, resolving conflicts, showing a willingness to put in the extra effort when a situation demands it, and helping to foster collaboration and accountability.
Education & Experience
To be seriously considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Education: Must be LLQP licensed. Post Secondary/ University education preferred
- Experience: One to four years of experience in a Life Insurance Sales capacity. Experience in an insurance brokerage or insurance company is an asset
- Skills: A team player with a “client is king” mentality, ready to live up to exceptional customer service standards. A multi-tasker that possesses exceptional organizational, time-management and prioritization skills;
- Technical Skills
- Must have Life License (LLQP)
- Strongly preferred skills:
- MS Outlook & Office
- SIG by KEAL
- Insurers’ quoting software – (Canada Life, iA, CPP, Equitable Life, Manulife, and Manulife, RBC, Desjardins Financial, etc. )
- APEXA, industry wide contracting & broker compliance platform
- Insurers’ extranet and FASAT web re contract and compensation.
- Attitude: A positive attitude with the flexibility to support the team with any ad-hoc needs.
Deliverables by first quarter:
- Full knowledge of PROLINK exclusive Association Benefits Plans.
- Able to quote with ease, process new business, and manoeuver portals.
- Takes initiative in identifying marketing areas that need adjustments.
- Book that massage, since your excellent medical and dental benefits will come in force on your first day as an employee.
- Pack your bags for three weeks’ vacation throughout your year.
- Experience the heart of Toronto’s financial district—PROLINK is steps away from Union Station and connected to the St. Andrew subway station.
- Work for a company that has the best of both worlds: the professionalism and success of a corporate environment, with the family-oriented and collaborative feel of a small business.
- Grow your career in an organization that loves to recognize and reward its top talent.
- Get to know your colleagues through one of our many social events.
- Have the opportunity to work from home until further advised by PROLINK.
Published on: March 17, 2021
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: 1-4 years
Job Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: April 9, 2021