Assistant Account Manager, Commercial Programs
As an Assistant Account Manager in PROLINK’s Professional Associations and Affinity Groups department, you’ll provide administrative support to an Account Manager while supporting our clients with their professional Insurance needs. You’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate with the Digital Strategy team in designing efficient self-service vehicles that will transform the way we do business with our clients.
- Assisting clients with renewals, addressing their questions and fulfilling their requests;
- Referring clients to the Personal Insurance and Life departments;
- Understanding clients’ unique needs to potentially upsell coverage, or refer opportunities to a salesperson;
- Uploading client information through our Broker Management System or through company portals;
- Uploading client files in our Broker Management System;
- Assisting Account Managers/Account Executives in processing and reviewing applications, renewals, endorsements changes, cancellations, and the re-marketing of clients;
- Handling various letters for Account Managers/Account Executives including claims payments;
- Acting as a liaison between the client and insurers, following up on missing information discussing underwriting concerns, and providing sound underwriting advice;
- Invoicing, collecting payments, and reconciling accounts;
- Updating and maintaining bordereaux (excel spreadsheets);
- Working with our Digital Strategy team to help them enable effective client self-service applications;
- To act as a positive, supportive, and encouraging member of and contributor to the Associations & Affinity group team;
- To proactively make suggestions as to how the department can serve clients better, advise them more effectively, and become more proficient.
Education & Experience
To be seriously considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
Education: RIBO License is an Asset.
Experience: One to four years of experience as an Assistant Account Manager, or related role in an insurance brokerage or insurance company is strongly preferred. Exposure to Underwriting, Commercial Insurance (Professional Liability Insurance as well as Commercial General Liability Insurance) or Group Insurance is a great asset.
Skills: A team player with a client-centric approach, ready to deliver great service. Comfort with managing multiple demands, with proven organizational, time-management and prioritization skills.
Softer Skills: A person who is positive, energized, articulate, engaging, empathetic and approachable.
Enjoy a competitive compensation package;
Access comprehensive medical and dental benefits that will come in force on your first day as an employee;
Relish in the comfort of working from home and from our office (as circumstances permit and require);
Experience the heart of Toronto’s financial district when in the office. PROLINK is steps away from Union Station and is connected to St. Andrew subway station;
Grow your career in an organization that loves to recognize and reward its top talent;
Work for a company that has the best of both worlds:the professionalism and success of a corporate environment, with the family-oriented and collaborative feel of a small business.
At PROLINK, diversity begins and ends with our employees. It is important to us that we create a diverse, equal, inclusive, and accessible work environment where our employees feel valued, respected, and supported.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a workforce that reflects the community in which we live and work. We are dedicated to providing accommodations where necessary during all parts of the hiring process to applicants. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Published on: September 6, 2022
Employment Status: Full-Time
Experience: 1-4 Years
Job Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: September 27, 2022